Friday is a school-based Pro-D day!
English 10 Block 1: Homework for Monday
- Finish the questions to Leah Silverman's "Lenses".
- Answer in full sentences. Do not start with “because” or “then”. You’ll receive up to two marks each.
- 1. Describe, as far as possible, the setting (time and place) and external conflict.
- 2. In the last two pages, Silverman uses a number of phrases to make the surgical procedure sound awful. Quote two passages (using “quotations marks”) that show how Corinne views the procedure.
- 3. A dilemma is a choice with two difficult outcomes. How does Corinne’s internal conflict rest on a choice between two good things, honesty and making her friend happy? Do you agree with her choice?
- 4. Given #3, Corinne is which type of character? Explain.
- 5. If you could have the metal eyes that Grusha is receiving, and get perfect vision as a result, would you do it? Why or why not?
- Did you read "Another Evening at the Club"? We wrote an open-book test on the short story last Wednesday. Also, review these notes on conflict.
- If you haven't written it, study your handouts for the big sentence test.
English 12 Block 2: Homework for Monday
- Read Margaret Laurence's "Where The World Began".
- On Monday students will write an in-class test on this story. Be ready to discuss the plot, main characters, and examples of descriptive writing.
- The 1st essay was due on Monday, Sept. 26.
Communications 11 Block 3: Homework for Monday
- 2.3 will be due on Monday, October 3.
- 2.2 was due on Monday (Sept. 26). It MUST be handed in on Wednesday.